Recently we started making a special baby lotion that is unscented and especially appropriate for the sensitive skin of little babies and small children. We make it with Cherry Kernel Oil and Grape Seed oil, instead of the nut oils that we use in our adult lotions.
- Grape Seed Oil is one of the lightest oils. It absorbs easily into the skin, which makes it a good oil for sore baby bottoms, because it soothes the skin quickly.
- To get Cherry Kernel Oil the fruit stones of cherries are cold pressed to create oil rich in vitamins A and E, tocopherols and oleic acid. It is a lovely clear oil that has a long lasting emollient effect on the skin.
- Avocado Oil adds vitamins and proteins to our lotion. It has very little scent and mixes well with the Grape Seed Oil.
- Jojoba Oil is an ingredient which is actually a liquid wax that resembles the natural sebum of the skin. It is very high in vitamin E, so we use this oil in all our lotions.
- Cocoa Butter is another of our favorite ingredients, because it is a stable butter rich in antioxidants. It is extracted from cocoa beans and sometimes retains a little of the chocolate aroma. People with sensitive noses can smell a little of the chocolate from the cocoa beans.
- Zinc oxide is a white powder that is often used in sunblock creams. We use it here because it cuts the smell of bacteria. It also soothes skin irritated by dirty diapers and cuts some of the smell.
- We use Leucidal Liquid from fermented radish roots and potassium sorbate as preservatives. These are both very gentle. Potassium sorbate is often added to foods such as yoghurt.
This lotion is appropriate for anyone with sensitive skin. It is one of our lotions with no tree nut oils. We hope it soothes the skin of anyone who prefers an unscented natural lotion with no harsh chemicals.